Health Savings Account Information
Power your high deductible health plan with an HSA.
Fuel your HSA with triple-tax advantages: deposits are deductible, growth is tax-deferred, and spending is tax-free for qualified health care expenses. HSAs are similar to a checking account, but you can use these funds for qualified medical expenses. You’ll deposit funds into the HSA just like you put money in your checking account.
To take advantage of these benefits, you must be enrolled in a high deductible health plan. Then, you’ll own your account even if you change jobs, or retire in the future. Balances automatically roll over each year to provide you with flexible savings. HSAs have several other benefits too:
- Make payments online or use a debit card
- Account activity is viewable online and in your monthly statement
- Make contributions when you want, and invest them how you want
- Use funds whenever for qualified medical expenses
- Employer’s contributions are not included in your gross income
- Interest on the account is tax deferred
Want to learn more? Visit HSA Central to get started.
*Consult a tax advisor for further information.